1. To rebuild a community’s sense of place and belonging through historical awareness and historical interpretation strategies.
2. To promote the inherent beauty and aesthetic value of everyday life.
3. To build bridges between diverse Puerto Rican and Latino iconic urban hubs.
4. To serve as an engine of discovery and as an incubator for self-sustaining creative ideas and ventures that share and enhance the dynamic spirit of our surrounding community.
5. To use the arts and aesthetic experiences as vehicles for the enhancement of a vibrant social and community life by creating a shared experience based on a stimulating habitat of interplay and fusion, reciprocity, participation, engagement.
6. To raise consciousness about climate justice and environmental discrimination, and how they relate to and affect the NYC LatinX and immigrant experience in the Lower East Side.
7. To build a democratic ethos and a democratic intention based on assets already existing within the community.