“We offer employment opportunities that provide career development growth and are focused on building an understanding for nonprofit management, community based curricula and overall purpose driven work.”
About the Position
The Loisaida Center is searching a part-time Creative Technologist to work with our staff in the launch of El Semillero/The Seedbed–the east coast’s first Latinx Center for Media and Technology. The Creative Technologist will lead implementation of our multidisciplinary and our intergenerational education launch for one year, and is subject to renewal. The position would also work alongside recipients of our Artistic Residency Program and in conjunction with the month-long calendar of events that are part of the Historic Loisaida Festival. The Creative Technologist will facilitate master and/or sequential education opportunities to Lower East Side residents and community members. Courses might include: Video Editing with Premiere, Motion Graphics with After Effects, Intro to Photoshop, How to Record Your Podcast, How to Edit Your Podcast, Intro to Photography, Photo Editing, and Intro to Social Media. The position works closely with the staff and should be adaptable to change.
- Develops and prepares interactive lesson plans geared towards youth and adult learners on a variety of media topics and delivers engaging instruction to an average class of twelve to fifteen adults.
- Communicates and collaborates regularly with Programming team to review curriculum and monitor class outcomes.
- Implements project-based assignments related to video development, audio, social media, and images.
- Support planning and strategic partnerships to provide skills training and pipelines to careers in emerging tech fields based on onsite equipment and service
- Lead tech activations to engage local youth in STEM enrichment at spring (Loisaida) festival.
- Supports the coordination of events to showcase the media art of the residents.
Candidate should have technical proficiency in a varied capacity: Adobe Creative Suite and/or open source software and applications, online video hosting and broadcasting, audio/visual production, editing, basic coding, computing and social media skills. Must have at least one year experience in education or leading/facilitating instructional and demonstrative environments. Bilingual Spanish/English preferred.
How to Apply
Opportunity Now Closed. Thank you for applying!
[contact-form][contact-field label=’Name’ type=’name’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Email’ type=’email’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Cover Letter’ type=’textarea’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Experience and Credentials (a short bio)’ type=’textarea’/][/contact-form]